Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life: A Love-Hate Relationship

It makes me deeply melancholy to hear of horrid things happening to beautiful people.  No, I don't just mean physically attractive people, ha...  As cliche as it is, the truth is there - people with beauty from the inside that radiates like no sun in our galaxy.  People made of that stronger stuff that can make grown warriors cry; the courage and perseverance that allow a weakened soul to win that defining battle against all odds, against Death; someone with an infinite warmth in their heart that melts any frigid air and brings hope.

With that, I'd like to wish Kandee Johnson all the best, for she has a difficult battle ahead, and offer her my support.  She deserves way better than Fate has decided to deal her thus far and have to argue with Fate that it is sO UNFAIR!  You had better rethink your strategy, Fate, because I'm not liking this chapter, and if Karma has her way you know it'd better be a happy ending.

This is just one more example of how Life is SUCH a ...  UGH.  You know what I want to say...  For people who seem to attract bad luck, like me and apparently Kandee, it's really hard to stay optimistic. Yet through it all, Kandee has always proved me wrong - she stays strong in her resolve to be the ray of sunshine because she and her kids need that light to keep pushing forward.  I'd love to take a lesson but lessons are hard to learn for an old gel.  I don't accept defeat, I'm just saying it's not easy.  I suppose now you're going to say, "Well, nobody ever said it was going to be easy."  One step ahead of you, my dear.

I read in my psychology and sociology texts on the various approaches people take to face a conflict.  Depending on the type of person they are, conflicts are fought head on, manipulated into change, ignored, or hidden from altogether.  Nobody would ever say I'm a shy person or evens lightly docile, yet I'm discovering through experience the best way to handle many conflicts is to retreat.  Were I to do that indefinitely, I would certainly admit to cowardice.  Retreatism, however, simultaneously practiced with tactical planning, strengthening, and resolve to reemerge seem to me a far more expedient plan than attempting to fight blindly.  Walt, the protagonist in the Clint Eastwood film "Gran Torino," exemplifies this in his final redemption.  (If you haven't seen this movie, well... what are you waiting for?)  Aside (and this is totally materialistic and shallow): I'd really love a Gran Torino, such a sexy car!

So, life's a Beavis and Butthead.  Sometimes I just want to pull my t-shirt over my head and pretend I don't exist (or that I'm a roll of TP).  Other times, it's as simple as enjoying the next music video and laughing at nothing.  Heh heh heh...  Hah hah hah...


devyn

No comments:


Search My Blog

My License/Copyright Information

Creative Commons License
All content on this site and those linked externally work are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.