Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Quarter Century Day - 9 February 2010

The day was pummeled with rain.  After speaking with various people, the notions about the day's auspicious or portentous aura came down to the rain meaning wealth was upcoming ... or sadness.  In my still optimistic attitude i feel that much good will happen this year and wealth not be much of a poor affair; however, on a realistic note often tied to financial issues are despair.  But I don't care.  It does little good to admit defeat to Fate.  I think all will be well for me so long as I keep my spirits high and continue looking forward.

It was a most delightful day, kept casual and intimate.  Friends and colleagues celebrated with simple foods, delicious desserts, and tasteful beer.  It's been a busy few weeks and I've been letting things slip down my priorities ladder so must get back on track soon.  Afterward, I went home and discussed some longstanding issues with my aunt and uncle then proceeded to watch Season 2 of The Big Bang Theory.  It was most satisfactory.  I am surprised to see that Leonard actually got a shot at Penny but feel it was end part of the plot were he to succeed.

I was going to start a journal yesterday but was so busy it didn't happen - not to mention I don't know where my journal is hiding. 

It is soon to be Chocolate Holiday and Lunar New Year on Sunday 14 February 2010.  I don't usually believe in sending out cards for such a commercial "holiday" but figure this year care cards are certainly due.  As part of my existential mood, I suppose, it'll help me maintain strong meaningful relationships and forge closer bonds.  While the meaning of life is quite loaded with ideas more abysmal than string theory, I think part of it strives to find happiness.  Simple happiness.

Some wonderfully tasty dessert places in Irvine that I would recommend to any sweet tooth like myself:
  • 85 Degrees Celsius Bakery - Diamond Jamboree Plaza - freshly baked savory and sweet breads, novelty desserts, and teas, coffees, boba drinks
  • Guppy House - Diamond Jamboree Plaza - the best dark chocolate brick toast - don't forget to add the strawberries!
  • Mochilato - Walnut Plaza off Culver Drive - the perfect combination of Italian gelato ice cream and Asian mochi - they also have delectable shaved ice and don't skimp on the condensed milk
Oh, and today is my baby brother's 17th birthday.   HOORAH! 
Happy Birthday, Terrence!  - Love, Philip

With that, I leave you with a short tweet from a fabulously creative, witty, satirical, and comical book called Twitterature.
From Hamlet: WTF IS POLONIUS DOING BEHIND THE CURTAIN???

devyn

No comments:


Search My Blog

My License/Copyright Information

Creative Commons License
All content on this site and those linked externally work are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.