Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Spirit of Halloween!

Halloween is soon approaching! I absolutely LOVE dressing up!!! *jumps up and down clapping hands*

In the spirit of Halloween, my favorite funny makeup artist Kandee Johnson has been putting up videos on makeup and costumes. My two favorite so far are her Barbie and Poison Ivy. She's so creative, it's fabulous. People like her make me appreciate the world so much more!

[Aside: my Naimies concealor came!!!  Exciting!  I can't wait to try it!]

I did a trial run with my costume and pinned up my four pieces of fabric together and held it against the wings.  They should match beautifully.  I may purchase larger jewels and add them to the fabric so there is more definition.  Miranda Kerr in her Victoria's Secret perfume campaign is the inspiration and from whence I am basing my own design.

I don't know that I'll be able to get the crown, and my wings aren't nearly as transparent but that could very well just be a lighting effect.  Smart photographer.  Anyway, rather than the greens and golds you see above, mine will be peaches and cremes, with a sky blue base for the wings, hints of purples and pinks.  I may try to get more creative with the accessories and put plants or something, similar to what was done in Kandee's Poison Ivy video.  After all, I am a Tink!


Meet Hunter - she's my Tinker Bell competition.  It will be rough.  That's her older brother Rowen.  He's going to be Optimus Prime, mask and all.



I don't have any plans yet, other than to be with the family and see if Hunter really does win the game (but I have already forfeited to avoid embarrassment).  I am totally prepared for whatever comes, unless I get lazy.  Last year I bought a few costumes after Halloween just because they were cute.   lLolL.

I'm such a dork.  I love it.

As soon as I get my bum moving, it is family day.  Got a bunch of treats for the family, and tonight will be a huge gathering.  *sigh*  My models are coming!  Hopefully I'll have pictures up soon!  (If you see tears up on the next post, you'll know that I'm really unskilled after all.  I sure hope that's not the case.  I don't want to be a useless soul.)



devyn

No comments:


Search My Blog

My License/Copyright Information

Creative Commons License
All content on this site and those linked externally work are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.