Thursday, October 8, 2009

Some Radical Movies - On Repeat

"One is incapable of fully regarding another if one still has not fully realized oneself. "
~ Devyn Tran



Yes, I just made that quote myself.  I like it.  Don't worry about others until you needn't worry about yourself.  Loving yourself is crucial to intrapersonal and interpersonal growth, but from my experience the former needs to be developed prior to the latter to ensure its greatest potential.

Here are some movies I can watch on repeat because of the music or the feel-good effects.  I used to watch Bee Movie everyday for almost a month, and intermittently thereafter, because it always makes me see life so simply and just be happy laughing at all the little things that make life so sweet.

Across the Universe
Mamma Mia!
Bee Movie 

Cherish every moment!  I know it can get tough - some things we just don't want to remember - but that's one of the many reasons we have friends and family - to remind us life is special and to keep that light burning constant and strong so you can find your way backIt might take some time, the road may be bleak and treacherous, but persevere because the world is in the palm of your hand.  So take it by the reins and ride it!

I'm not notably a religious person, nor even Catholic, but my favorite Bible passage speaks of love.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
                   (Corinthians 13:4-8, NIV)

devyn 

No comments:


Search My Blog

My License/Copyright Information

Creative Commons License
All content on this site and those linked externally work are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.